COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
Co-Curricular Clubs and Interest Clubs
Recognized and Acclaimed
One of the 10 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) granted FULL AUTONOMY by CHED for five years Named Center of Training (COT) Institution for Education by DepEd and CHED Granted Level III accreditation by PAASCU in four programs: Commerce, Education, Liberal Arts, and Social Work
HIGH RATE GRADUATES
Consistent 100% passing rate in the Board Examination for Social Workers High passing rate in government Licensure Examinations for Teachers (LET)
Excellent Learning Environment
Integral formation of the youth who are imbued with Christian values and are academically prepared Student-friendly, stress-free learning environment Highly competent faculty
Highly interactive, computer-assisted education Updated library collections with automated services Fully air-conditioned classrooms and offices
Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency Accreditation Program (ETEEAP) – an alternative learning delivery mode that accredits non-school learning for degree programs Philippine study Tour Program for students of foreign schools International placements for OJT practicum International Student Leadership program
Institutional Learning Outcomes
St. Joseph’s College of Quezon City (SJCQC) is committed to the following Institutional Learning Outcomes in Higher Education:
- Promote social and personal transformation in the light of Christian values;
- Develop methods of inquiry, study, discovery and learning which are dialogic and democratic, free and scientific, systematic and effective;
- Demonstrate ethical standards in conducting research; utilize results in improving school processes, local, national and global communities;
- Engage in and sustain community involvement activities as agents of social change for the upliftment of the poor and marginalized groups in the service of God and country.
- Appreciate, preserve and promote Philippine arts and culture, on national and global levels;
- Develop social consciousness and a sense of responsiveness and mindfulness of national and global issues; and,
- Promote people empowerment for sustainable development.
In the pursuit of integral human development, graduates of SJCQC, are:
- Christian Professionals
- Equipped with pertinent competencies required in their respective disciplines; and,
- Adhere to ethical principles and integrity of service.
- Franciscan Josephines
Live out core values of simplicity, truth, justice, peace and integrity of creation.
- Simplicity – a simple lifestyle, caring for Mother Earth, taking only what is enough and necessary to sustain a healthful and dignified existence;
- Truth – honesty and sincerity, consistency and integrity in thoughts, words and actions;
- Justice – right relationship with God, with oneself, with others and with creation as a whole;
- Peace – an inner contentment and serenity, and a sense of community with and among peoples and nations, from a dialogue of cultures and religions;
- Integrity of Creation – a deep Christian conviction that all life is sacred because God is the Creator of all
- Community Builders
- Participate actively in the life and in the development of the community where they reside.
- Adapt and respond to the needs of the community where they serve.
- Act as catalysts of change.
- Nationalist Citizens
- Uphold Filipino culture
- Respect and uphold human rights and gender equality
- Support national sustainable development initiatives
- Patronize local products and Filipino entrepreneurs